Chickpea Patties with Avocado Salsa
Serves 4 ♥ 25 Mins Prep ♥ 20 Mins Cooking Time ♥ 173 Cal per serve
Benefits: High Fibre, High Magnesium, High Antioxidants, High Protein, Source of Iron
¨ 200g dry chick peas
¨ 1 onion, chopped
¨ 2 eggs
¨ ¼ cup parsley, chopped
¨ 4 Tbsp lemon juice
¨ 1 tsp ground cumin
¨ 1 tsp ground coriander
¨ 1 large avacado, diced
¨ ½ cup of coriander
¨ 1 lime, squeezed
¨ 1 red onion
¨ Coconut oil to sweeten (to taste).
1. Soak the chick peas in water overnight.
2. Drain chickpeas and cook in unsalted water for about 1 hour, until tender.
3. Place chickpeas into a food processor with onion, eggs, parsley, lemon juice and spices. Puree until smooth.
4. Form mixture into patties. Lightly pan fry until golden brown and cooked through (About 2 minutes on each side). Drain on paper towel.
5. Combine chopped mango and herbs together. Squeeze lime juice and coconut oil into salsa. Flavour with salt and pepper if desired.
6. Serve with a basic green salad (1 cup of green leafies for everyone eating).
Tip: Diced mango is also tasty in the salsa.
Nutrition (*per serve)
Calories 173 Cal
Fat Total 5.2g
Fat Saturated 2.0g
*Recipe serves four
For more nourishing meals and eating plans, check out my 8 week program.