Carrot Cake – gluten and dairy free
Serves 16 ♥ 30 Mins Prep ♥ 0 Mins Cooking Time ♥ 370 Cal per serve
Benefits: High Fibre, High Magnesium, High Antioxidants, High Vitamins
- 2 ½ cups brazil nuts
- 3 cups desiccated coconut or coconut flour
- 10 medium-sized carrots
- ½ cup agave
- ¾ cup of dates, deseeded
- A thumb of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husks
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup Cashews
- ½ cup of agave
- Rind and juice of one lemon
- Filtered water
- Place Brazil nuts into a food processor and blend until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Place all other cake-mix ingredients into the food processor (except for the coconut, carrot and sultanas). Process until smooth.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots. Add to the mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Press into a 22cm non-stick spring form cake tin. Flatten the top of the mixture.
- Blend the icing ingredients together into a blender. Blend until smooth and spread over the top of the cake mixture.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
Nutrition (*per serve)
Calories 370 Cal
Fat Total 30.2g
Fat Saturated 12.0g
*Recipe serves sixteen
for more easy nourishing recipes, check out my 8 week program.