This is an easy to make, reliable yummy desert. That is quite healthy!
Key Lime Cheesecake
Serves 8 ♥ 20 Mins Prep ♥ 0 Mins Cooking Time ♥ 157 Cal per serve
Benefits: High Protein, High Vitamin C, High Fibre, Antioxidants
• ½ cup almonds
• 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
• ¾ cup dates
• 1 ½ cup cashews, soaked
• 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• ½ cup coconut milk
• ½ cup fresh lime juice
• Zest of one lime
• 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
1. Soak cashews in cold water overnight (at least 8 hours).
2. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain water then put dates in food processor.
3. Add almonds and desiccated coconut to dates in food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Press mixture into a 12 inch spring form pan or smaller individual tins.
4. Push down until level and compacted.
5. Put in fridge to set. (This can be made the day before).
6. Meanwhile, add soaked cashews to food processor. Also add lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup.
7. Blend mixture until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides as needed.
8. Pour mixture onto the base and spread evenly.
9. Sprinkle with lime zest. Store in freezer. Take out 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition (*per serve)
Calories 157 Cal
Fat Total 9.9g
Fat Saturated 1.5g
*Recipe serves eight
You can have more hormone balancing recipes like this one from my 8 week Life Transformational Program (8 weeks of eating plans and 8 weeks of recipes) designed to help people balance hormones, have vibrant energy and feel clean from the inside out.